If you’ve visited my website before you may notice it looks somewhat different today.
For months (literally) I’ve been trying to make the time to redesign and re-code my site. As other designers and developers will already know trying to balance an already busy work schedule, keep up personal projects and have a life at the same time can be extreamly difficult.
Today I’ve made the redesign live all be it in an incomplete form – but with a view to finishing things within the next few weeks.
My main tasks at the moment are:
- To get the templates built for the profile/about section of my site (which I’ve currently removed from the navigation).
- Fix a few disagreements internet explorer is having.
- Finish work on the media queries.
I also used the recode as a chance to experiment with inuit.css which is a new CSS framework from the CSS Wizard Harry Roberts on the whole I’ve found the framework really helpful – after taking me a while to figure a few things out – I’m pretty sure it could speed up development time on future projects – perhaps a post on that later.
For those of you who haven’t visited my site before here’s what it looked like previously:
The main aim of this redesign is to:
- make the site lighter and easier on the eye to read
- make use of media queries to resize the site for various screens and devices (not really there just yet)
- make better use of html 5 elements
- Bring the site more inline with my current work
Hopefully I’ll have finished working on it soon.. in the meantime feel free to drop me a comment with your thoughts or tweet me @tbwcf.